[DML] Do Gas Prices effect DCS attendance?

[DML] Do Gas Prices effect DCS attendance?

OK.so I know gas prices are up, but does it really make it a "make or break"
deciding factor into attending DCS?

I thought about it and did a comparison between DCS 2006 vs DCS 2008
In 2006, I drove 1,400 miles round trip (almost half way across the country)
to DCS in Chicago.  I will pretend that I am doing the same drive again for
sake of argument.
I will use the rough estimate of 22 MPG, but I think in reality I was
getting ~25 MPG, and a rough price of $2.05 per gallon (but I believe it was
more then that at the time)

1,400 / 22 MPG = 64 Gallons of gas used for the trip

DCS06:  64 Gallons * $2.05 per gallon = $131.20
DCS08:  64 Gallons * $3.90 per gallon = $249.00

So it would cost me about $117.80 more (approx double) to do the same trip
again if DCS was in Chicago
I don't think an extra $120 is going to stop me from going to the largest
DCS show EVER!   It still WAY cheaper then flying two people.

I know some people are traveling much greater distances, and the cost is
higher, but I am surprised it would make someone not want to attend the
show.   I am sure we can all attest that we have "pissed away" $120 on much
dumber and less needful things in life and not regretted it.

Just my 2 cents (which I should have put into my gas tank?  LOL)

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680
www.grenexmedia.com

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx