[DML] Re: Suspect DMC Engineering -- Repaired

[DML] Re: Suspect DMC Engineering -- Repaired

I discovered that - if the drain is clogged - the movement of the car
around corners, etc. will allow water to get into the blower motor area.

With the motor mounted as it is the prospects for the accumulation of
water and other stuff in the bottom of the motor is high thus causing
lower bearing failure. I'm on a replacement motor since last year. The
OEM failure was the lower bearing caused by water damage from a clogged
drain. The drain clogged by what I don't know but, the shop vac
connected to a copper tube sucked it out. It appeared to be
deteriorated foam. I had nursed the OEM motor bearing with lubricant,
etc. but the damage was too much and the motor had a major drag on it.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_dmc@...> wrote:

> The tube is actually there to cool the motor with forced air from the
> blower. At that point it's outside/recirc air as it hasn't gone
> through the evaporator/heater core yet.  There isn't supposed to be
> any water up that high in the case. That would be a different
> problem.
>
> Dave S

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional