Re: [DML] Digest Number 4740

This is NOT a drain tube for the evaporator, it is a cooling hose to
provide fresh air for the blower motor!  I think if your airbox is
filling up with enough water to spill out of that hose you have a
complete blockage with your re-worked drain hose.  Just because you
changed the existing drain hose to a simpler or more strait one
doesn't mean it still couldn't plug up.  Your blower motor may
overheat now that you've changed that hose.  I'd recommend undoing
what you just did, and checking the real drain hose for a restriction
or blockage.  I too once suffered cold water on my feet when making
right-hand turns.  I could clear up the drain tube but it would plug
back up shortly afterward.  After about a summer's worth of that
(2002), it finally became completely unclogged and I havn't had a
problem since.  When removing the airbox to clean out the fins in my
evaporator in spring 2006 I checked the drain hose (as this is about
the only time you can get to the inside part) and it was still
completely clear.

Jim Reeve
DMC6960

> Louie and I burned the A/C all the way to DMA last weekend -- 13 hours
> straight (R134 works very well, thank you very much). Unfortunately
> Louie occasionally had the all too common "cold water on the poor
> passenger's foot" DeLorean experience. This puzzled me because I have
> replaced the convoluted frame side drain with simpler and more direct
> plumbing. Climbed under the dash this morning and discovered a second
> evaporator drain tube -- straight into the blower motor housing!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)