From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of aod80@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:15 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Fuel Gauge Needle Drop Rate

Shannon,
I have the same problem with my gauge/sender. I'm even lucky if it will
go all the way full after I fill it up. I don't know of anything to fix
it. I've tried a couple of things short of dismantling the sender. I
have a theory that it is because of the shape of our tanks. The fuel has
less area towards the top and the level drops faster until it gets to
the 3/4 area where it acts normal. Perhaps a sender's sensors could be
adjusted to accommodate this? I'm not sure.

Adrian
#10674

-------------- Original message from "Shannon" <birdwells@xxxxxxx
<mailto:birdwells%40usa.net> >: --------------

When I fill up the fuel gauge needle show full but after just a few
miles it drops at a fast rate to about 3/4 of a tank. Then it seems to
drop at a normal rate. Does anyone else have this problem and can it be
fixed?

Shannon
VIN 16113

<*> Your email settings: