[DML] Re: The great vapor lock controversy -- AGAIN.

[DML] Re: The great vapor lock controversy -- AGAIN.

There is very little vacuum on the other side of the injectors until
your engine is running.

Yes...The term Vapor Lock is not precisely the correct name but when
it is used us old timers know we are dealing with warm hot start
issues.

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Like you, I thought the reset time for the RPM relay was so short
that
> it did not trigger the pump while cranking. Elvis Nocita corrected
me
> on that.
>
> The timer chip closes the circuit for about .5 seconds. Every time
the
> distributor rotates, it resets the timer. Let's assume that cranking
> speed is 350 RPM. That means the distributor rotates 175 RPM, or
> nearly 3 times per second. That's more than enough time to reset the
> RPM relay's timer chip for continuous pump activation while
cranking.

> The fuel system should be receiving 75 PSI or so while cranking.
>
> I don't deny that K-Jet owners have fuel delivery problems, but
> whatever is wrong, it isn't vapor lock.
>
> BTW: "Vapor lock" refers to a suction pump's inability to pull fuel
> from a remote gas tank. Tank mounted pusher pumps eliminated that
> problem. Feel free to look it up.
>
> Remember that K-Jet is a continuous loop system. Whatever vapor is
in
> the lines should easily be routed back to the tank. Or out the
> injectors ahead of the fuel. Even if K-Jet wasn't a continuous
system,
> don't forget that there's vacuum on the other side of the injectors.
> High pressure liquid pushing from the rear and vacuum sucking from
the
> front side should be more than adequate to clear the lines.
>
> Consider this: My low pressure fuel pump has no check valve. I have
no
> accumulator. Pull my filter loose and you're lucky to get a drop of
> gas out of the lines (not the filter itself, but the lines in &
out).
> While idle, my fuel lines are chock full of vapors. Yet my little 4-
6
> PSI pump has no problem pushing them out of the way. If I can clear
> the lines at 4-6 PSI, why can't K-Jet owners do so at 75 PSI? And I
> don't even have the benefit of a continuous loop system (carburetion
> is one way with a float & needle valve to cut of supply into the
carb)).

> You all are free to call your cars "vapor locked" if you want, but I
> think the problems lie elsewhere.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary Hull" <Specialty@> wrote:
> >
> > Bill,
> >
> > If your household plumbing was full of air (or steam) how long
would
> it take
> > for you to get a solid stream of high-pressure liquid out of the
> faucet if
> > you could only turn the electric water well pump on for three to
five
> > seconds at a time?
> >
> > Gary
> > IN2TIME