[DML] Re: The great vapor lock controversy -- AGAIN.

[DML] Re: The great vapor lock controversy -- AGAIN.

Bill, I am impressed that you took your time
to get this right.

I don't want to go to deep into that boiling
gas problem, in am no expert in that. But I can
imagine it is a similar problem like having
air in the brake lines !
To make it work right you need a system full of gas
without air in it.

A carubrator works different - whenever the carbs
need fuel the floating devices open the channel.
air that is trapped in there is pushed out with no
counter pressure.

in our pressurized system you need at least 3Bar
to open the valves. When we have the hot start problem,
swapping the connectors from WUR to the cold start valve
solves it. why ? because this valve opens the electrically
and not via high pressure. trapped gas (NOT Liquid) is
pushed out this way.

Just my theory, maybe it needs more details, but it
can't be too wrong.
Again - I am really impressed that you thought of the
RPM relay again.

Elvis...stil in need of a Carfax account :-(

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Like you, I thought the reset time for the RPM relay was so short that
> it did not trigger the pump while cranking. Elvis Nocita corrected me
> on that.
>
> The timer chip closes the circuit for about .5 seconds. Every time the
> distributor rotates, it resets the timer. Let's assume that cranking
> speed is 350 RPM. That means the distributor rotates 175 RPM, or
> nearly 3 times per second. That's more than enough time to reset the
> RPM relay's timer chip for continuous pump activation while cranking.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)