Re: [DML] Spare parts was Car alarm/remote starter.

Re: [DML] Spare parts was Car alarm/remote starter.

This discussion brings up a good point.

With only a couple of months before DCS 2008, I expect that many
people will be putting several hundred miles on their cars.

Maybe everyone could share with the list what they keep in the car
for spare parts.  I'm not looking to start a discussion about proper
maintenance/inspection and the need for any spare parts.  Everyone
knows that no matter how well you check out your car, sometimes
things are missed or just fail.

So for those that do intend to drive hundreds of miles, what do you
keep in your emergency parts kits?

--
Bryan Pearce
Pearce Design Components

DeLorean Part Fabrication

On Apr 14, 2008, at 8:53 AM, David Teitelbaum wrote:

> Another thing to watch out for is a broken roll pin on the shift
> lever. The one that prevents you from getting into reverse unless you
> lift the knob. I fixed one for an owner nearby. Too easy to wind up in
> reverse without knowing it! I figure at some time in the past someone
> did not know how to get into reverse so they forced it, breaking the
> pin. Not terrible to replace, just takes a bit of time and patience.
> While on this subject, every owner of a 5-speed should have an extra
> pivot bolt in the car. Those things tend to break without warning and
> it is hard to drive the car without one and you will not find one
> locally! Cheap insurance. Even if you cannot put it in yourself, at
> least if you have it you can get someone to do it.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_dmc@...>
> wrote:
>>
>> Believe me - this one is fixed now....
>>
>> The funny thing is that someone went to a lot of trouble to wire
>> around a dirty connector.
>>
>> Dave S
>>
>> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bradley Jardis" <bjardis@> wrote:
>>>
>>> There seems to be lots of liability implications with a system
>> rigged to
>>> start with a car IN gear!

>> those the

>>> [moderator snip]
>>>

> ------------------------------------

> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

> www.dmcnews.com
>
> To search the archives or view files, log in at http://
> groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)