[DML] update on #2613

I bought a set of MSD spark plug wires from John Hervey and yesterday
was the day to put them on, along with the new spark plugs and an MSD
"Blaster 2" ignition coil. I learned a few things:

1. It *is* possible to replace the spark plugs and wires without
taking the engine apart. However, the points for #1 and #4 are very
hard to get to, and you'll scratch the distributor if you're not
careful.

2. The DeLorean runs fairly well on five cylinders.

The boot of wire #1 had a tiny hole in it, invisible before we started
the car but easily seen in the evening. But it was late, and to get me
back home, we decided to wrap the boot in C33 electrical tape. This
rendered the boot unable to fit properly, so I'm now running on five
cylinders.

When we were under the car (looking for the washer we dropped while
replacing the ignition coil), I noticed bright green fluid dripping
from the transmission case. The car was on an incline so I parked it
on a level surface last night when I got the car home and we'll see
where the drip is coming from at the end of today.

My water pump and all the hoses are less than three years old so
finding this leak should be fun!

Farrar Hudkins
#2613 (auto)

<*> Your email settings: