Re: [DML] Help?! Please? Fuel system problem.

Re: [DML] Help?! Please? Fuel system problem.

Thanks Guys, to all of you!..

John Hervey:   When I had hot start problem 4 months ago I replaced
accumulator from one I got from you and the o-rings.   I still had the
problem, but then I found a loose clamp at the fuel pump hose, (supply
side).   I cut the hose an inch to get a nice clean cut and tightened up
clamp and voila!, it worked no hot start problem anymore...   What is
puzzling to me is that I did find the problem that caused the car to die on
the road (po had done a three way splice on supply wire to fuel relay and
one wire came off the wire nut)
Car was running perfect prior to dying on road (no hot start issue) then
only wierd thing I did was swap the lines!!.
Mike:   Don't think it would be fuel filter, but I am going to check it.   I
haven't changed it in 2 years! ..   but car runs great,  I take my son to
school in the morning, every morning, but I can't take car to store for an
errand because it won't start after 10 minutes of rest.
John:  Yup, that was my original problem that it died out on the road,I
verified pump was working, then I traced the wiring, first do I have a good
ground (ie. is my inertia switch ok?  Yes,)  Then I tracked problem to the
positive side, to a disconnected wire!...   but then when I put the hoses up
front back on the pump, backwards at first, nothing, then correctly, then it
started and ran great!..   but hot start problem..

Tom:  Thanks for sharing your experience with your po, I am glad that I
didn't damage anything.   I couldn't have damaged anything serious anyway
because car runs great when it starts.   When I did take it out to run an
errand to the home depot (cuz I thought I had fixed car)   It wouldn't
start, (after 30 mins) fortunately I had a can of starting fluid, and it
starts right up that way.  So I don't feel it would be an injector problem,
since car runs excellent (when it starts, high power, no missing, no fuel
starvation, just perfect)

My next step, this weekend will be to pull the primary pressure regulator,
maybe some junk got stuck in there from the reverse pressurization(?)..
also check fuel filter...   see what I find and keep you all posted!...

Thanks to all!...   If anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear!.

Rodney
3300, 10544.

On 4/10/08, Tom Tait <TTait@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I'm currently refurbishing 03238. The PO had also installed a fuel pump
> backwards. That happened to be an aftermarket pump, but it was an
> appropriate pressure and flow rate, and the car did run once reversed
> again. Since then I have installed a new, proper fuel pump.
>
> I had had to replace the fuel distributor because it was leaking like a
> sieve, but I don't think that was a result of the reverse pressurization
> - nevertheless that is the only portion of the fuel system I had to
> replace. The car runs nicely now.

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional