Re: [DML] update on #2613's springs

At the moment I live 1,374 miles from P.J. Grady's so it is impossible
for them to inspect my car. I also have bigger problems to deal with
than the ride height.

My priority is to raise the height of the vehicle so that driving it
will not damage the underside of the car.

If I had unlimited money I would go to Houston or Grady's and say
"Here it is. I need this, this, and this fixed. Call me when it's
done." (Houston doesn't even tell you how much something costs when
you order it over the phone, so it is obvious that they deal with
people who have money to burn. Or perhaps they want to.)

I have to make choices as to what to fix now and later. In the future
when the car runs perfectly and I have fixed all other technical
issues I will lower the front by two measly inches and win everyone's
approval. However, cost is currently a factor.

The cost of Houston's lowered springs is $399 for all four plus
shipping. (I would then have to sell the rear springs, since I don't
need them.)
The cost for Houston's NOS front springs is over $264 plus shipping.
The cost for a set of used front springs is about $75 plus shipping.

I'm no math wiz, but I like option three.

Farrar Hudkins
#2613 (auto)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional