RE: [DML] May be buying anoter DMC.

If it's an early car, like mine, it seems likely that it was never
retrofitted with door guides.  This means that one of the latches may
be jammed face-on against the post (on my car the rear latch would
catch while the front would jam against the post).  This would explain
why someone broke one of the handles trying to open it . . . pulling
the handle released the latch, but the latch wasn't the thing holding
the door closed.

If this is the case, you need to both unlatch the latch and lift the
door at the same time.  Bare hands pulling from the bottom of the door
should do it.  I suggest starting with the door that has an intact
handle, as it might be just a matter of one person pulling gently the
handle while another pulls with all his might on the door.

If that does not work, then I would assume that the key is failing to
disengage the lock.  Maybe if you get power to it, you can use the key
on one side to fire the solenoids on the other side.

- Mike Substelny
  VIN 01280

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional