[DML] Re: check your trailing arm bolts, people...

[DML] Re: check your trailing arm bolts, people...

I'd be willing to buy a set. I know my car has a new set of TABs
installed by the current-soon-to-be-previous owner, but I'd shell out
for the indestructible ones.

-Adam
80% owner of 3416

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Toby Peterson" <Toby@...> wrote:

> Sean - That looks to be the worst one that I have seen (personally or
> in a photo) with the exception of the one that broke in two on my car.
> This was the incident that got me fired up about the trailing arm
> bolts.  Now that I have a full service shop, we see a lot of trailing
> arm bolts that are damaged in some way - bent, corroded, worn shank,
> seized bushings, etc.  I took a poll on the DML a number of years ago
> regarding the "state of the fleet" - 30% had an issue of some kind with
> the bolts, 30% had looked and had not seen a problem to date, and the
> remaining portion of responding owners asked "What is a trailing arm
> bolt?".  That last group really bothers me.  Status Update - DeLorean
> Parts Northwest is down to a mere handful of TOBY-Tab's from that third
> batch.  My contact in the industry retired, so we are wondering whether
> there is enough current and future demand to warrant seeking another
> source for another batch.  Input from the community would be
> appreciated.
>
> Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
> DeLorean Motor Company - Northwest
> DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Sean" <sweitzel@> wrote:
> >
> > I was reading an unrelated auto enthusiast forum that had a D owner
> > documenting his frame restoration. Anyway, he posted a photo of one of
> > his trailing arm bolts. Apparently he had been driving like this for
> > some time. I uploaded the picture to the photos under my previous
> > album "take apart automatic trans alternator"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)