[DML] Re: Turn Signal Malfunction - not sensing front bulb

[DML] Re: Turn Signal Malfunction - not sensing front bulb

Before you do surgery, I would look farther upstream for the problem.
You've correctly eliminated a bulb problem and eliminated a bad
connection by checking the cleanliness of the socket. I suspect that
the required current is not making it to the socket. While the socket
could be at fault, you can prove that with a voltmeter. Verify that
current is making it to the wires when you turn on the turn signal. If
there is some current, it may not be sufficient to light the bulb. You
can check this by removing the bulb from the working signal and running
the same test.

If you can take the socket out without too much trouble, you can test
for current on the wire first. Obviously if there's current on the wire
but not at the socket, the socket is bad. If no current exists at the
wire, you'll have to back up to the fuse block.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)