[DML] Re: How to figure battery life

Strange formula - never heared something like that before.
Why would somebody divide it thru 25 ?
I have never seen that on car batteries. Where did you find
that stuff ?

Would be interesting to see even though it is not really applicable
on cars.

Elvis...9 years on my daily-driver's battery....BOSCH Silver...

> Batteries specify reserve capacity as "so many minutes at 25 Ampere
load"

> The mathematical formula is:
>
> "reserve capacity" times 25, divided by the current drain from the
> LEDs.  Yields capacity in minutes.
>
> Here's some hipshot math with a fictitious battery.
>
> 120 minutes reserve capacity times 25 = 50 amphours.  120 leds draw
> about 2.4A.  Could be 1.2A, could be 4.8A.
>
> That would yield a spread of 10 hours to 40 hours useful time.
>
> You could measure the current drain with a current meter, and get
more
> accurate results.  The reserve capacity of your battery might be
> written on it somewhere, probably in teeny tiny letters.
>
> Rick
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "daviddelorean" <daviddelorean@>
wrote:

> > I'm trying to figure out how long a fully charged battery will
last.
> > What is the mathmatical formula for doing it? All my lights
(except
> > headlights) are LEDs. The tail & front market lights have 45
diodes,
> > the side markers have 3 diodes, license plates have 6 diodes,
door
> > markers (assuming I keep the doors open) have 6 diodes.
> >
> > So with doors open and parking lights on (headlights off) how
long will
> > my batter last from a full charge?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional