[DML] Vettes and DeLoreans (was: Where's the flux capacitor?)

[DML] Vettes and DeLoreans (was: Where's the flux capacitor?)

Mark,
     I understand where you are coming from.  3 years ago I bought a
1991 black on black 1991 Corvette ZR-1.  It was my daily driver right
up until I moved back to the east coast.  There is absolutely nothing
like it that I have driven yet.  You don't get in a Corvette so much
as "put it on."  Once in you're a part of the car and it is an INTENSE
sensation!  If I am gentle I can get 28MPG on the highway at 70-75MPH,
but with 405HP and 400 lb.-ft....who can resist?
     That said, I love my DeLorean and couldn't see parting with it,
unless the right offer came along.  I am toying with one that's close,
actually, but I know that if I were to sell, once I built my garage out
east I'd look for another.  The ownership of the two cars is
drastically different. There are a lot of members of the list who own
both, many for the same reasons.  If you are looking for a really great
performing car with lots of speed, the Vette is for you.  If you want
the "wow factor" and don't mind the questions and remarks, that's the
DeLorean.  Each car has its own unique following and its own quirks.  I
think it is great that you found your Vette and I hope you get much
happiness from it.  We're also glad you're sticking around because you
spark a lot of good discussions and often have a great counterpoint
that makes people think.

So how many Vette owners have waived to you?  That used to happen a
lot, kind of like a code between Vette owners, but I find that as the
years go by, that's getting lost.

Matt
VIN 16816

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmcvin6683 <dmcvin6683@...> wrote:

> No comparison with the 1985 190HP vette, go drive a new C5 and
> compare it to the Delorean's wimpy 130HP. I went from wimpy 130HP to
> a whopping 350HP+ with the extra stuff on my car.
>
> Nope wont buy another Delorean.
>
> I still love the Delorean world so I will still stay on the DML, I
> left the forums since I sold my car.
>
> Mark V

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional