[DML] Re: Carburetion Saves The Day -- Cold Start Valve (Elvis Nocita)

[DML] Re: Carburetion Saves The Day -- Cold Start Valve (Elvis Nocita)

Vapor Lock was a problem on carbureated cars with a fuel pump on the
motor sucking the fuel out of the gas tank. With a hot motor and a
long pipe to the fuel tank and a "Head" (the fuel pump has to actually
LIFT the fuel up to the height of the fuel pump) The fuel would
vaporize in the pipe and the fuel pump was not made to pump a gasous
vapor so the engine would starve for fuel. Fuel injected systems
overcome this by always keeping the fuel under pressure and
recirculating the excess fuel back to the tank. That is why there is a
pump INSIDE the fuel tank. The suction side is kept very short and
very close to the level of the fuel to make it as easy as possible
for the pump to pick up the fuel. The Primary Pressure Regulator
bypasses the excess fuel back to the fuel tank for a "loop" circuit so
the fuel doesn't stay in the pump and the pump overheats the fuel.
This system is made to run alcohol (Ethanol) in other cars with some
changes in materiels (parts resistant to damage from the Ethanol) and
THAT can vapor lock easier than gasoline! If your car is "vapor
locking" you may be noticing symptoms similar to vapor lock but it is
NOT vapor lock! The Bosch K-Jet won't run properly unless it has the
correct pressures, that may give the appearance of "vapor lock".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> No, apparently I am the bad guy because I actually had the temerity to
> point out that if DeLoreans are vapor locking all over the place, in
> the middle of winter no less, then they are the first cars in fuel

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)