[DML] Re: Warm Start Issue -- Looking Elsewhere Than Fuel System (David

[DML] Re: Warm Start Issue -- Looking Elsewhere Than Fuel System (David McKeen)

Thank you so much.
Finally someone who reads what is posted and uses his knowledge to
help.

I wonder how many people really have this problem and just accept it
normal to swap the plugs to get it started.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/fuelpressend.htm
> -- so I know how my fuel system behaves).  It is true that
swapping
> the plugs will solve both a Hot Start and a Warm Start problem,
but
> this does not make them the same thing.
>
> Given that there have been several reports of the Warm Start
Problem
> beginning after a water pump swap or other major engine procedure,
my
> guess is that it is due to an accumulation of small problems, such
as
> vacuum leaks, improperly gapped spark plugs, etc.   But that is
just
> speculation--sure would be nice to nail a definitive
explanation.
> But blindly blaming the accumulator won't get us there.
>

> --Pete Lucas
>    VIN #06703

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional