Re: [DML] DeLorean vs Volvo F Series Question (Martin Gutkowski)

Re: [DML] DeLorean vs Volvo F Series Question (Martin Gutkowski)

Hmmm, me thinks you told your British buddies something different:
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Specifically check out the message dated 11/30/06 23:46.

I had Volvo's advance numbers at one time but can't seem to locate
them when I need them most. Let's just assume that maximum spark
advance is identical between B28 and "B29" (I've never heard of such ,
but that's what your message dated 11/28/06 18:58 calls DeLorean's
engine). If Volvo is starting at ten degrees BTDC, and DMC is starting
13 degrees BTDC, Volvo certainly has a steeper advance curve.

BTW: Claire apparently agrees with me --

FWIW: My distributor came with a Peugot sticker on the side. Differs
slightly from DeLorean's unit by using a traditional hold down clamp
rather than a screw through a slot. I assume it has two equal sized
counterweights, just like Volvo, because it makes the engine free
rev'ing as hell. Base ignition time is 10 degrees BTDC.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:
>
> Bill Wrote:
>
> I am corresponding with an owner Re: spark advance. As we all know,
> DMC decided to use only one centrifugal counterweight inside its
> distributors rather than two (Volvo used two on its imports to the
> exact same North American market).
>
>  >> Have you ever actually taken a DMC dizzy apart? If you had, you'd
> know this is plain wrong. They use two bob weights, same as all the
> others. But they're not identical.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: