[DML] Re: Warm Start Issue

I have experienced this symptom before and it was a fuel leak down
inside the accumulator. The system showed between 1.0 and 1.5 bar at
10 min. - I thought "close enough" but, after replacing the fuel
accumulator, that I suspected was really ok, the fuel pressure was
2.0 bar after 10 min. That was 15,000 miles ago and so far no more
hot-start issues.

Before replacement, if I was suffering a hot-start issue I let the
fuel pump run two or three times at the energizer stage without
turning over the engine (turn the key to run - then turn off -
repeated two or three times) in order to achieve full pressure in the
system and then tried to start the engine it would usually fire right
up. After replacing the accumulator ? there has been no issues.

The accumulator is not the only no-hot-start cause. The fuel
distributor has some seals that can go bad - especially if you ever
had water in the fuel system. Check out Hervey's web site - he has
pictures and sells the seals too. There is also a check valve in the
fuel pump.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bitsyncmater" <david.mckeen@...>
wrote:

> Getting the rest pressure time is like pulling teeth.  I far exceed
> the 10 min 1.7 bar value.  So if at 20 min if I have zero PSI rest
> pressure are you saying I won't get vapor lock and the car should
> start?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: