[DML] Re: Warm Start Issue

The rest pressure/time spec is a minimum. If you can hold rest
pressure higher and/or longer than the spec then that part of the fuel
system is functioning normaly. If you are having problems restarting
and it is 3-4 hours after running then you do not have a rest pressure
problem. I would check the cold start system. Your thermo-time switch
may not be working, you could have a wiring problem or a bad/plugged
up cold start valve.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bitsyncmater" <david.mckeen@...> wrote:

> Getting the rest pressure time is like pulling teeth.  I far exceed
> the 10 min 1.7 bar value.  So if at 20 min if I have zero PSI rest
> pressure are you saying I won't get vapor lock and the car should
> start?
>
> In the summer my car will not start between 3 an 4 hours after it is
> shut off.  Three hous happens to be when my rest pressure drops to
> zero PSI.  Now if I go out and prime the system by turning the key to
> on, at 1 to 2 hours after shutdown....this keeps pressure in the
> system for four to five hours and it will start right up no problems
> at the 3 to 4 hour time that was the problem.
>
> Now you see why I want to know if it should be holding rest pressure

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)