[DML] Re: It's not the compention.. IMHO

[DML] Re: It's not the compention.. IMHO

It's quite simple: I do not want to be forced to do something I do not
want to do. When I discovered at Pigeon Forge that indoor display
required mandatory judging, I simply parked my car outside and walked
through the door. I was not alone in this sentiment -- there was a
parking lot full of cars. Not all their owners felt as I did, but at
one point I did find myself in a small group of like minded
individuals standing by the river marveling at that terrible traffic
jam waiting to get inside as each car was judged at the door.
Foregoing compulsory competition did have its advantages.

I am very proud of my DeLorean. If you bad mouth my carburetor, I will
take you out (THOSE are fighting words). Even as we speak I am
enduring the ridicule that comes with installing a single piece
headliner. Being different is no problem for me (wait 'til you see
what I'm doing to my tail light boards).

I simply refuse to allow myself to be forced into competition with
other owners.

Re: Spring Social -- if I can swap out a set of recovered seats, I'll
definitely be there.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:
>
> Bill...  Do what you want.
>
> The following is all my opinion--- With much respect
> for Bill!
>
> We all own DeLoreans.  *Part* of the attraction to
> owning such an "odd ball" car is to be different.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)