[DML] Re: Leaving the group:

> Re: Leaving the group: was binnacle removal issue
> Posted by:   -- Mark V --
>  Date: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm ((PST))
>
> What I meant is lots of
> people are too LAZY to bother to read their manuals or to even buy a
> manual for their Delorean and rather ask for free help instead of
> actually learning something for a change. I dont mind helping people
> that want to learn, getting hands on experience is the best thing to
> learn! However I will not help somebody that doesn't want to learn
> for themselves!

Understood and agreed. But how can you tell from one person's email asking a
question if they are LAZY or not? It just seemed like you were too quick to right
him off as if he were one of those people. A quick critical comment seems like
the lazy way out of helping someone in my eyes.

> People are too quick to ask for help instead of learning about the
> car they own. I researched for years before I even bought my car, I
> bought all the manuals and I DIDNT EVEN OWN A DELOREAN AT THE TIME, I
> even joined a Club to get hands on experience. People now days it
> seems like they just go buy a Delorean and dont even know a thing
> about it but want help and do no research to help themselves!

And another way of learning is asking questions. I too researched before buying a
car... pre-internet I used the library... 1996 found the DML... 1997 found the
DeLorean Club of Ohio.... 2003 bought a D. In all those years I was learning....
and I STILL have questions.... even AFTER reading the frick'n manuals. Talking
about my occupation now,  I do know that I learned more after one summer
internship of hands on experience that I did from 4 yrs of "manual reading"
"college education". Maybe your the type who comprehends the written word better
than others, I don't know?

> Owning the Manuals is a must if you are serious about your Delorean,
> and knowing how to repair one by yourself can save Hundreds of
> Dollars easy.
>
> Most questions asked now days can be answered by reading the manuals
> or doing a simple search on the DML.

Again, agreed.

I guess all I'm asking is not to write someone off as "Lazy" and criticize them
if one of their post asking a legitimate question annoys you. Unless of course
you know for a fact that said question asker is a lazy mooch... then rip away,
and explain to others how you know this fact.

Shannon Y

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional