[DML] Leaving the group: was binnacle removal issue

[DML] Leaving the group: was binnacle removal issue

      Earlier, i sent out an email which was rejected by the moderator, and rightfully so.  I will not be asking to resend the email. Ive had more time to think about what I wrote, being not approved and all. Ive wondered to what benefit this email would reach the would-be recipients.  Frankly it seems to me that as far as owners are concerned, there are people who can fix everything, or figure out how,  a small group who cant but want to learn, and those who cant and have no desire to learn, unless the cost of the particular job becomes too expensive to take to a mechanic.  I guess my frustration comes from the fact that the people who know what they are doing dont need step by step guides,  and the people who are clueless wouldnt bother spending the extra time to find the information  they need,  unless it was spoon fed to them.  The self sufficient want to learn people, simply left.

     Ive spent enough years on the forum to see the same issue rise up time and time again.  With all of the tools which exist today to obtain information, I find it rather surprising that folks who ask the simplest questions time and time again are never urged to first look towards existing information before posting.  Repetitive questions are apparently not a consideration for moderation.  As of late these questions are clogging up my iphone :)

Perhaps i'm entirely wrong in this matter.  maybe, since the car itself hasn't changed much since its creation, or most definitely since the company went under, that if the same issues weren't brought up, there wouldn't be much to discuss.

Other than repetitive questions, new delorean news and events, I see a lot of drama, vendor bashing, and plenty of self-proclaimed engineers who argue a point to no end, even if they are outright wrong, just to save face.  Should you take the time to look through the archives, youll see some amazing perversions of physics and engineering as stated by some of the folks in dmcnews.  Some of these Emmy award winners belong on their own site!

I guess I have simply outgrown dmcnews as i have outgrown dmcforum some years ago.

I do want to thank Elvis, who seems more often than not, answering these emails with, Jordan already wrote a howto for that, just click on this link.  And a thank you to those who in the early days helped me out and encouraged learning for myself, (the fishing rod, not the fish).

Goodbye,

Jordan
11613

<*> Your email settings: