[DML] Re: Alignment ?

Castor and camber is not adjustable (at least not easily). If nothing
is bent or very rusty then I would suspect the ride height is not
correct messing up your castor and camber readings. Is the car
lowered? If so you will never get the castor and camber correct and
you will have a hard time getting the front and rear toe right. Before
an alignment you MUST check the ride height and if it is NOT on spec
you can't measure anything else until it is corrected. You also should
have 1/2 tank of gas and a really picky shop will stick weight in to
represent a driver (around 150 #'s). On a small car like a Delorean a
driver's weight can affect the alignment.
 Make sure the play is in the rack and not any loose parts or a worn
track rod end. If the rack does have play (looseness) it should be
rebuilt. It is also possible the rack itself is loose in it's rubber
mounts so check them and the U joints to the steering wheel.
 I suggest Tire Kingdom doesn't know what they are doing if they do
not know how to interpret these #'s. Find out where the ambulance
Corps or the Police take their cars.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@...> wrote:

> Took my car in for alignment today at the local Tire Kingdom, yes
they have the specs for the car, even have the printout, however they
are in percents---ANYONE know how that relates to degrees???

>   My toe in the front left is .24  (good)
>                       front right is .18 (not good)
>   My caster front left is 5.2 (not good)
>                   front right is 2.9 (not good)
>   My camber front left is -0.9  (not good)
>                    front right is -0.5 (good)

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional