[DML] DeLorean Wheel Dilemma

Greetings all,

On Saturday, VIN 6477 was moved from Queen Creek, AZ to my house in
Mesa, AZ and Sunday I decided to remove the wheels and flat tires
(NCT's in front) to get them stripped and powder coated and new
Front: Yokohama AVID T4 and Rear: Yokohama AVID S/T tires.

Since VIN 10365 is currently in hover-mode in my garage with powder
coated wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's, I figured that I
can take the ones from 10365 and put them on 6477 while I get 6477's
wheels and tires done. Easy, right???

Dilemma: With the wheel swap in process, and the passenger's side
done, I notice as I get ready to work on the driver's side that the
front wheel that I just removed from the passenger front, doesn't
match the wheel that I am installing. So I look closer.

The wheels from 10365 all match in terms of casting and they are
powder coated in silver/chrome fleck.

The wheels from 6477 DO NOT MATCH. (Please read:
www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/wheels.html for reference.):

Front Left: Style 3 - Light/Thick (2nd series casting)
Front Right: Style 2 - Light/Thin (1st series casting)
Rear Left: Style 1 - Dark/Thin (1st series casting)
Rear Right: Style 3 - Light/Thick (2nd series casting)

Keep in mind that the two different factory castings and two
different factory colors yielded the following three factory options:
Style 1 - Dark/Thin, Style 2 - Light/Thin, Style 3 - Light/Thick.
Since most original wheels are in need of powder coating, original
color is of little consequence and the chief concern is the casting -
Thin (1st series) and Thick (2nd series).

Since I have now have an odd set of original DeLorean wheels:
1 Front and 1 Rear THIN 1st series casting
1 Front and 1 Rear THICK 2nd series casting

I am looking to trade with an owner or owners with a similar
situation. I am not particular as to either THIN 1st series or THICK
2nd series castings, but I would like to have a complete set rather
than mismatched. I know that I could just go with the mismatched set
as most people would not notice or care, but I would know and it
would bug me. Like leaving for work with a brown shoe on one foot and
a black shoe on the other.

If anyone knows anyone with a similar situation or perhaps two owners
with one or more oddball wheels. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson - captain_hydrogen(at)yahoo.com
Arizona DeLorean Club (www.az-d.org), Car Cruise Director
VIN 10365 - matching wheels and nice powder coat
VIN 6477 - non-matching wheels all needing powder coat

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)