[DML] Re: Fuel Metering

Oh please Marc, my skin is much thicker than that. (I do direct your
attention to Messages such as #73481 and #73459 for context. Message
#73390 called me "stupid" -- where was the moderator that day?).

My objection is to the bad mouthing of carburetion in general, no
matter what kind of vehicle upon which it is installed. The overall
technology *IS* viable and currently is quite vibrant. Rick, Kyle,
and Lou all purchased brand new, freshly manufactured carburetors
for their DeLoreans. Mine was a refurb. Is carburetion a minority
now? Yes. Is it dead? No.

Perhaps you should give new owners more credit to think for
themselves. I seriously doubt the younger crowd is going to fall for
a siren song of carburetion (that age range often is scared of the
technology, which is a shame given how simple and easy it in fact
is). Look at the demographic that has chosen it. We're all middle
age at the youngest. Surely you're not going to deny an
unthreateningly small group of graying owners the satisfaction of
outfitting our DeLoreans as we prefer (perhaps a whipper snapper or
two is willing to learn the craft to keep it alive after we're dead
& burried).

I put a poll up to get a better demographic picture for myself. EFI
is more prevalent than I realized. As my earlier message indicated,
I can count by name owners who have carbureted, but I did not know
any folks on the other side of the coin.

Bill Robertson

_______________
> Looking for last minute shopping deals?
> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.