[DML] Re: Fuel Metering
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Re: Fuel Metering



I am NOT against carbureation. I just think it is not a viable
alternative on a Delorean. For that $300 you claim it cost to convert
(I think it will turn out to be a whole lot more when you factor in
the intake manifold, the carbureator, the linkage, hoses, a choke
mechanism, fuel pump, etc not including labor of course) you could
have spent it on getting the K-Jet going right. I have a LOT of
experience with carbureators. IMHO fuel injection is FAR superior to
any carbureated system for reliablity, driveability, and
controlability. I have set up many cars with multiple carbureator
set-ups including Jaguars and American Muscle w/ as many as 6
carbureators on 1 motor. I think you do not give the Bosch K-Jet
enough credit. About the only drawback I can find is that it is NOT
tolerant of any dirt. Incorrect storage and age related damage is it's
biggest fault. Once properly set up and used regularly it is a very
good system. Unfortunetly most people that work on the K-Jet do not
understand it and can't set it up properly. It seems to be the largest
source of complaints and misinformation. Most of the Deloreans I see
do not run right because they are NOT set up correctly. Not the fault
of the fuel injection system, just the person trying to make it work.
I still see that as no reason to convert backwards to a less desriable
system. This LIST gives everyone the oppertunity to learn how to make
the K-Jet work correctly. I think it is a better alterantive than
removing it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757



--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:
>
> Exactly when did I ever "advocate that everyone should rip the
> K-Jet off their car and put a carbureator"? Those words have *NEVER*
> been written or spoken by me. I specifically stated in it, as I
always have, that those who prefer forced injection should pursue
those avenues. It would appear opinions or preconceived notions are
overriding my particular words.
> 
> Every time this topic comes up, your reaction is quite visceral
> against carburetion. I suspect you had bad experiences with it in the
> past. For that, I am sorry.
> 
> BTW: Your post praises Marc and Dave D. because they "they tell us
> about it [DeLorean engineering alternatives] for our information" but
> chastises me for doing the same. I consider that a double standard.
> 



To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    mailto:dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive