[DML] Re: Fuel Metering

I am NOT against carbureation. I just think it is not a viable
alternative on a Delorean. For that $300 you claim it cost to convert
(I think it will turn out to be a whole lot more when you factor in
the intake manifold, the carbureator, the linkage, hoses, a choke
mechanism, fuel pump, etc not including labor of course) you could
have spent it on getting the K-Jet going right. I have a LOT of
experience with carbureators. IMHO fuel injection is FAR superior to
any carbureated system for reliablity, driveability, and
controlability. I have set up many cars with multiple carbureator
set-ups including Jaguars and American Muscle w/ as many as 6
carbureators on 1 motor. I think you do not give the Bosch K-Jet
enough credit. About the only drawback I can find is that it is NOT
tolerant of any dirt. Incorrect storage and age related damage is it's
biggest fault. Once properly set up and used regularly it is a very
good system. Unfortunetly most people that work on the K-Jet do not
understand it and can't set it up properly. It seems to be the largest
source of complaints and misinformation. Most of the Deloreans I see
do not run right because they are NOT set up correctly. Not the fault
of the fuel injection system, just the person trying to make it work.
I still see that as no reason to convert backwards to a less desriable
system. This LIST gives everyone the oppertunity to learn how to make
the K-Jet work correctly. I think it is a better alterantive than
removing it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Exactly when did I ever "advocate that everyone should rip the
> K-Jet off their car and put a carbureator"? Those words have *NEVER*
> been written or spoken by me. I specifically stated in it, as I
always have, that those who prefer forced injection should pursue
those avenues. It would appear opinions or preconceived notions are
overriding my particular words.

> Every time this topic comes up, your reaction is quite visceral
> against carburetion. I suspect you had bad experiences with it in the
> past. For that, I am sorry.
>
> BTW: Your post praises Marc and Dave D. because they "they tell us
> about it [DeLorean engineering alternatives] for our information" but
> chastises me for doing the same. I consider that a double standard.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)