Re: [DML] Lambda system

The Renault distributor is made of aluminum rather than cast iron.
Uses barbs rather than banjo bolts for the lines in and out.

On the fuel/air mixture unit, the aux air takeoff (which can double as
a CIS takeoff) is a fixed barb -- no vacuum leaks.

My fuel/air mixture unit resembled B-27 -- one single assembly (versus
a baffle & separate throttle plate assembly), no upper screw for a
microswitch on the throttle plate linkage, regular balancing screws
rather than shear heads, PCV via the U pipes rather than the cold
start tube (which is how the PRV is pictured in the DeLorean Workshop
Manual BTW), and of course a ported barb under the throttle plates for
traditional spark advance. The throttle plates were solid too (no
deceleration valves).

Don't forget that Eurospec K-Jet uses different CPR's (Series 038
seems very common). Final control pressure is the same, but they start
lower and take longer to get there.

Eurospec ignition distributors have a much more aggressive spark
advance curve, so base time is set correspondingly closer to TDC.

My fuel injectors had male threaded flare fittings on the end versus
female threads for banjo bolts. Of course the fuel lines were flared
steel (fuel distributor ends had banjo fittings soldered on). I
suspect the injectors sprayed more fuel than F Series.

Don't forget that Eurospec compression is 9.5:1.

Basically, European PRV's run richer than their North American
counterparts, compress the fuel mixture more before igniting it, and
tend to rev more freely thanks to the broad advance curve.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:
>
> It looks exactly the same! apart from no frequency valve or it's
> pressure port on the meterng head, and only a single banjo bolt on the
> return line. The dizzy has a different part number and the intake
> venturi (metering flap) is fractionally wider
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: