Re: [DML] Re: Useless History - was Source for Struts

Re: [DML] Re: Useless History - was Source for Struts

I realize that this  thread is very likely not long for this world,
but Claude's message hit a hot button with me, and I suspect also for
anybody else who has struggled to build a business from scratch
without taking outside money (feel free to chime in here, Dick..:-) ).

Unlike DMC, PJ Grady is (I strongly suspect) a closely-held privately-
financed business, not an equity-financed corporation with stock sold
to arms-length investors (much less involving government financing).
The issues of what is legal and ethical with respect to public
disclosure are very different in these two cases. By choosing not to
take strangers' money when building a business entitles one to a level
of privacy which is not all that different from "private stuff like
family history".   Rob's business is his livelihood (as is John's, and
those of the other vendors).  Yes, they owe the public full disclosure
on the nature and quality of their products and services, but beyond
that, asking them about the details of their businesses is no
different from someone asking you the size of your paycheck.  If you
want to know the gory details of running a closely-held business, then
you should find one to invest in. Your right-to-know in that case
would be very different from those you have as a mere customer.
Beyond that, you should stick to demanding safe and well-documented
products and ethical business practices and leave it at that.

--Pete Lucas
   VIN #06703

On Dec 15, 2007, at 11:14 PM, cbl1739 wrote:

> That's fine for private stuff like family history,But when it comes
> to business EVERYTHING should be told/should be out in the open for
> all to see....GOOD or BAD,after all it is a for profit business and
> not a charity..people do spend big bucks there.....ANY BUSINESS..not
> just DMC related should
> freely and openly show their past business history and if asked tell
> TRUTHFULLY about their work history/business and told about it's
> true background and it's prior businesses and what happened to it
> again..good or bad,and not skip around the truth. If JZD told the
> British goverment about it's outside ventures or kept the British
> goverment on it's DMC business progress,and been/kept the British
> goverment in constant touch with the goings on...it would have gone
> a long way to keeping the plant in Business.
>
> Claude

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: