[DML] Re: Useless History - was Source for Struts

[DML] Re: Useless History - was Source for Struts

I disagree. The BIG question is "Why are you obsessed with P J
Grady?". I think it is GREAT that he works exclusively on Deloreans.
If you had to compete for his time with other kinds of cars, like most
shops, it could take even longer for your Delorean to be serviced. The
fact that his shop can thrive on just one limited kind of vehicle says
volumes about his business. People come from all over the country to
have work done in his shop!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl1739" <cbl302@...> wrote:

> The Big question is what happened to the Chevy part of the
> business...seems GM did NOT like the Grady's being in the DMC
> business or something like that...or?? This question was asked before
> but No answer was given, Grady himself,ran around the question and
> just answered with how great he is with Deloreans,but the question
> was never answered.
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Tait" <TTait@> wrote:
> > Anyone wanting to explore the comment I made, and my lackluster
> logic
> > (and apparently mathematical skills) follow on then...
> >

> >  "PJ Grady is a family owned and operated business that had been
> located
> > in West Sayville, New York since the early 1900's, when it was a
> Chevy
> > dealership. PJ Grady is now solely dedicated to the preservation ad
> > restoration of DeLoreans and has developed a reputation as one of
> the
> > best shops to have your DeLorean restored to its original beauty."
> >

> > In 1901, as Vice President, Roosevelt succeeded President William
> > McKinley <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McKinley>  after
> > McKinley's assassination. He is the youngest person ever to become
> > President.  He served as President until 1909.
> >

> > Rob isn't the founder of PJ Grady, and Rob's decendents did not (to
> my
> > knowledge - how old could they be?  10?) sell any chevys, but his
> > ancestors (you see, I used the opposite word there!) did.
> >

> > While the Delorean motor car or company did not exist when FRD was
> > president, John did - he was 20 when FDR died.  So my friend -
> DELOREANS
> > DID EXIST! - Hah!
> >

> > Now - No one is sure if Doc Brown ever met Benjamin Franklin, but
> it is
> > widely held that the entire Time Traveling Delorean may actually be
> > myth, making such a meeting impossible  (although these guys have a
> lot
> > in common - hair, lightning, inventions etc.).  There was however
> actual
> > film footage of Doc Brown in the presence of John F. Kennedy
> (another
> > President, really, look it up if you are interested) accidentally
> > included in the preshow footage of the BTTF ride.  Once Kennedy
> (who is
> > not really dead because Doc saved him) learned of this footage, he
> had
> > the BTTF Ride closed to hide the link between Doc and himself.  The
> best
> > cover story they could come up with was an ill conceived Simpsons
> Ride -
> > but not even Universal is really that dumb, it may never open.
> >

> > Why am I wasting your time with any of this?  Well - I'd rather
> write
> > this than have to keep reading about angry flamers who hate some
> vendor
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: