    Posted by: "content22207" brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx content22207
    Date: Mon Dec 3, 2007 12:20 pm ((PST))

I know my car is imperfect. I don't need a judge to rub it in my face.

What you're describing is more of the club experience. Judges don't
look at modifications as say "ooh, that's interesting." They look at
them and say "compared to all these other cars, I give your
modifications precisely X number of points."

You've seen my vehicle. I don't have high dollar dual exhaust -- I
have a $100 home brew special. My passenger door will probably remain
dented for the life of the car (of course I'd prefer a pristine door,
but even a dented DeLorean is better than no DeLorean). At Pigeon
Forge I didn't even have a functioning speedometer -- wonder how many
points a judge would have deducted for the RPM Xref chart taped to my
instrument cluster lens?

This does *NOT* impune judging itself. For people with competitive
vehicles it is a perfectly legitimate part of the show. I enjoy
drooling over their pretty DeLoreans as much as the next person. One
of these days I may have resources to acquire one for myself. Until
then I'll limp along with what I have. Just don't condemn me with
point deductions for doing so.

I only brought this topic because I don't want an owner to make the
same mistake at Gettysburg that I made at Memphis. Had I known I could
attend the show without having my vehicle scrutinized by judges, I
might have gone. I wanted the comraderie -- I just didn't want my nose
rubbed in #5939's weaknesses. Mandatory judging would have done just that.

BTW: Your comments confirm what I have been preaching all along: The
best thing about DeLorean ownership isn't the car -- it's the people
you meet via the car.

Bill Robertson

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

<*> Your email settings: