Re: [DML] Re: DCS Awards.

In a message dated 12/3/2007 3:21:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

might have gone. I wanted the comraderie -- I just didn't want my  nose
rubbed in #5939's weaknesses. Mandatory judging would have done just  that.

This subject comes up every show. (Not trying to pick on Bill or Dick here
just trying to address these posts) Those that like it e-mail me privately and
ask me to rebut those that don't who plaster it over the web. NOWHERE on  the
registration, advertising or anywhere else does it require to be judged nor
does it require you to even have a DeLorean. It says DeLorean owners and
Enthusiasts!!!
Also the judging sheets are not distributed so there is no rubbing  anything
in. There are simply the winners listed.  What you  describe does not happen.

For those that like to have their car judged and it appears to be the
majority they have what they want.
For those that don't you simply don't enter.

The car show is for everyone and forcing it to go one way or the other does
not allow everyone to do what they wish.

As I said this comes up every year usually championed by certain  individuals
on the Concours and every year the responses are the  same.

Go to Gettysburg to have a great time and enjoy the best owners in the  world
and pick and choose what you want to do.  The car being judged is a  separate
charge since its an added service and the awards come out of this  funding so
if you don't want to be involved you are not and you are not paying  for it.
 But you sure like being indoors.  (Someone has to pay  the bills) Doing it
the way I do is making that a lot more practical so please  help endorse the
program.

And this time We are adding an extra pay as you go feature with the Bus
Tour.  If this works we will do it again.  If not that will end  it.  So far it
looks like it will do well.  Its a great tour and its  the same one offered
through Gettysburg except it will pick you up and drop you  off at the Hotel so
you can stay with DeLorean Owners.  Its also at a  special price.  Go check and
you will see you are getting a great deal.  This is what we should be talking
about not politics on why we should or should  not judge cars.  You have the
option what more do you need.  I hope I  made my point and again this is not
against any specific person or  persons so please help me find thing that will
help the show and not bias  against people that do like a portion of the show.
This year you will have  to do the seminars/lectures as you see fit since we
have so many people I chose  not to have all the guest speak in the evening as
usual you will have  to pick and choose what you want to do.

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: