RE: [DML] Can we make the ride smoother?

RE: [DML] Can we make the ride smoother?

When I got mine I felt the same way. I put a set of Marty's shocks and it felt like a new car! They provide a great ride and really take out the harshness of the bumps.
Tom
#10310

To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: steve10000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:11:55 +0000Subject: [DML] Can we make the ride smoother?

I recently purchased my third D, and was reminded of how the ride is so rough. Rob Grady once described this to me as like a "buckboard". On one of my cars I put on his shocks and it helped some, but there was a long way to go. Some days, I feel exhausted after driving to work (30 miles) due to the rough ride and the noise. The ride, as we all know, is very dependent on the road condition, but here in the DC area its a mess, and on some roads it really is a buckboard feel. I have seen various ideas floated-about, concerning quieting down the ride, with certain springs, shocks and tires (such as the Marty Maier shocks from long ago, Rob's shocks, DMCH etc, and various tires). I am not interested in performance (like taking sharp curves, feeling the road, or hugging the road, etc). Rather, a softer, quieter, smoother, maybe even mushy ride. It wouldn't hurt to have a different steering column, so that you don't feel every crack in the road, but that's probably not realistic. So, can I try to get a consensus on the best:tiresshocksspringsThat can accomplish this goal?steve liggettvin # 005983

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)