  From: David Teitelbaum
  To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:32 PM
  Subject: [DML] Re: WANTED: Angle Drive

  Someone explain how some cars still are running with the origional
  angle drive with the plastic gears and others (a small number
  presumably) go through 4 angle drives with metal gears. There has to
  be something wrong with the cars that can chew up the metal gears. It
  would be interesting to pull the speedometer heads on those cars and
  possibly find parts jamming the works. Either that or some other
  problem like a cable that is too long, a missing lower support, etc.
  Bulletproofing the angle drive is only covering up the basic problem
  IMHO. An interesting point, on the cars that destroy the origional
  plastic gears the same cars are also capable of destroying the metal
  gears. Why is that when other cars can live with the plastic gears?
  David Teitelbaum
  vin 10757

 [very long quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings: