[DML] Re: WANTED: Angle Drive

The speedometer in the Delorean is not that sophisticated. It does not
have the plastic shield over the odometer and it does not have a
reverse lock-out. Most speedometers are calibrated to read 60 MPH when
the input is turning at 1,000 RPM. I do not know if the Delorean is to
be calibrated this way but most cars are. If a post did come loose
inside it may not jam up the works all the time. It may only happen as
you drive and make turns and go over bumps. No one is having the same
problem with angle drives from DMCH so you may have a problem specific
to your car. If the speedometer IS jamming up the weakest link will
keep breaking (the angle drive). As for DMCH's good intentions, THEY
SENT YOU 4 OF THEM!!!!! How many more can you expect?
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Videobob Moseley <videobob@...> wrote:

> I tried connecting my high speed Makita drill to the lower cable and
running it in both directions.
> It runs the speedo at 65 MPH.
> I let it run for a few minutes.
> I also found that when you run it backwards the numbers count off!!!
> Everything seems to move without resistance.
> The angle drive however, when you try to move it in the reverse
position it locks up.
> It is the gears of the angle drive that bind up.
> I hate to trash talk DMCH's good intentions, but I have had 4 of
these do this to me.
> Most of them never make it out of the driveway.
> They say they are making new one's and I hope they are better quality.
> - VB
>

> To: dmcnews@...: jtrealty@...: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:17:53
+0000Subject: [DML] Re: WANTED: Angle Drive

> On one car I worked on that used to eat angle drives I found
thatinside the speedometer head one of the plastic posts had broken
loose.It still had a metal clip attached. It had gotten caught up in
thespeedometer works because of the magnet and jammed the
speedometercausing the cable to have to work harder prematurely
wearing out theangle drives and cables. If you have this recurring
problem with thespeedometer you should look inside the speedometer
head. Just gettinganother angle drive is not going to fix it for good.
Also make sureyou have the lower cable support bracket and check the
hole in themiddle of the plastic drive cover. It MUST be square.
Sometimes theyget rounded out. You can also wrap the disc edge with
electrical tapeso it can't slip between the rim and the spindle. The
angle drive MUSTbe lubricated. Once a year when you lube the front end
you have tolube the angle drive too.David Teitelbaumvin 10757--- In
dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Moseley" <videobob@> wrote:>> It need
an angle drive, new or used, as long as it works.> DMCH and their
franchises seems to be sold out and will not have> any more for
months.> I have had a lot of trouble with them, and after testing my
cables,> lambda counter, etc, I have determined it was the angle drive
that> failed each time.> All of the replacement angle drives I have
installed have binded gears.> If you spin the cable forward, it seems
to move OK, but when you> go in reverse it locks up.> I have replaced
the drive 4 times so far.> I really need some help!!!> > I called Rob
Grady to inquire about his "Hardcore" version that> he used to
produce, he said he might consider making more of them> if there was
enough interest. If you also need one of these then> let him know!
Keep in mind that his unit will cost more than twice> what the DMCH
version sells for, but if it works, isn't it worth it?> > If you have
one for sale please contact me!> Thanks,> - Bob> VIN#5278>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)