Re: [DML] side stripe application

    If your talking about the thin grey stripe.  I would run a piece of tape along the whole side of the car.  You can use that as your guide.  Make sure the tape is straight cause your going to apply the grey stripe above the tape.  So that is how you can get it straight.  I apply soapy water  to the car and the stripe. Once its wet on the car it will only take a second to line it up to the staight piece of tape you put on the car prior. Once its in line, work the air bubbles out with a rubber squegee.  When you think you have them all, I would also use a heat gun if you can and heat the stripe for about five minutes.  Don't melt it, just get it pretty warm to the touch.  Just very slowly move back and fourth on the stripe with the heat gun.  After it cools for about 5 min, slowly peel the top off.  As long as it is dry and stays on the car after you peel the top off you can drive the car right away.  If part of it doesn't stick.  Just push on it with your finger, add a
 little heat if you have to, but it will stick.

  If yout talking about the thick black one.  And it is an aftermarket reproduction, I'm not sure if all, but some of those are made of vinly.  I put this exact one on my car and did not use water.  Cause its thicker and you cant see air bubbles through it anyway.  I just used the bottom of the black mouldings on the panels to help run them straight down the car.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)