[DML] side stripe application

I just purchased 005983 and have decided to put on the side stripes now that they are
available. I never was very good at "decals" etc, so I am approaching this with some caution
(even though I am a lung surgeon so you would think I could handle this).

As I understand it, a solution of dish washing liquid and water is placed in a spayer and used
to wet down the area, the stripe is applied, and because its still slippery, it can be moved
around some for fine adjstment, and then  the bubbles removed with a piece of soft rubber/
plastic. What would be nice is a few more details: what is the soap:water ratio; do you apply
this both to the stripe and the body of the car; how long do you have to get everything
adjusted and the bubbles out; once done, when does the stripe become fixed enough to start
to drive the car (overnight?); are there temperature restrictions(it will max out at 50 deg F this
weekend, too cold?).

Thanks,

steve liggett
Baltimore