Re: [DML] Re: Bolt On Performance.

The fact is I have bought performance parts that were tested like
Johns and they actually reduced MPG and performance. Testing is
referred to what the box said, not as was tested to the car.

Platinum plugs, plugs with different heat ranges, plugs with funny
probes on the end can all effect gas MPG and performance, it can be
higher or lower, some plugs can do damage to the engine if used in
the wrong application.

You are wasting money if your car cant actually get any benefit from
these parts if your car cant even benefit from using them.

Yeah I could put a complete MSD system on my car, would the car run
better or would I think it ran better, would it really be worth the
money?

Parts need to be tested on the car they are sold for, not just what
they say on the box.

Grab a copy of any car dedicated Magazine like Corvette fever or
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. They do real tests on products and
give you the numbers.

Mark V

On Oct 25, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Tom Tait wrote:

> Mark:
>

> The parts you are referring to actually cost less.  I'm very surprised
> that no one on this forum has taken the time to point this out. (ahem)
>

> Moderator - is there ANY point in this going on?
>

> Tom
>

> [MODERATOR NOTE:  No, not much point.  But personally I keep hoping
> someone will produce some juicy dyno date for us all to digest.  -
> Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

[another long quote, another moderator trim]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)