Re: [DML] Re: lower evap casing

If water is gettting into the evaporator box from
the outside, then there is a problem with the flap
thing where the air intake is right? In front of the
windshield straight down is where the air for the
vents and A/C comes in and there is supposed to be a
dividing flap or something that does not allow water
to get into the evaporator box. If water is going
into the evaporator box, then something is probably
blocking the passageway for water; leaves, debris,
etc. I would remove the screen covering that and
then check that area out before tackleing the
evaporator box.

Believe me, I just had to replace my
evaporator after breaking the hose leading to the
accumulator and though it may sound simple enough,
it's still no picnic. I did it over several days
because it was so frustrating. I dont know what was
harder, getting it all out or getting it all back
in, either way I hope I never have to again.
Cleaning out the intake is definately easier and is
definately worth a try. I remember washing my car
once, later to find water dripping from the fan
motor. I removed the hose coming out the side of the
fan, and water just came running out.

Good Luck!

-Nick-

1643