[DML] Re: Bolt On Performance -- The REALLY Big Picture

[DML] Re: Bolt On Performance -- The REALLY Big Picture

And to TOP that off JZD Designed a car(drivetrain)that drives in
reverse...when going forward...basically you are really sitting
backwards of a normal FWD car!!!! And sitting on the wrong
side.Figure that one out in your head.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> The whole reason we're having this debate is because of dumbed down
> engineering to meet 1970's US Government mandates. Euro spec
versions
> of engines like our PRV are not so dissatisfactory that owners feel
> compelled to reach for improvement.
>
> The whole reason the US Government mandated dumbed down engines is
> because we ran out of gas and were choking on our own exhaust.
>
> The whole reason we had too little gas and too much exhaust is
because
> the US Government did not have a rational transportation policy.
Never
> has. We became enslaved to the self driven automobile. Living and
> working patterns envolved around it. As European cities remained
> centrally focused, we spread further and further from our city
centers
> (which quickly fell into decay). World class interurban and trolly
> lines that dotted the landscape were snapped up by GM and promptly
> dismantled (not that anyone cared). Heavily subsidized highway and
air
> transport systems hid the true cost of our irrational transportation
> choices. By the 1970's those chickens came home to roost.
>
> I do not advocate eliminating the self driven automobile. I do
> advocate giving drivers REALISTIC alternatives. The high cost of
> European gasoline is factored into leisure driving. Americans still
> have a bad habit of jumping into the car and driving to the store
for
> a forgotten grocery item, or a missing bolt or screw. Americans
endure
> 10 and 12 hour Bataan Death Drives to reach vacation destinations
when
> a train trip would be so much more enjoyable (Amtrak is NOT a
> realistic alternative. I'm Amtrak's biggest supporter, but its
current
> incarnation can not compete even with our crumpling and clogged
> interstates). When was the last time an American walked a mile or
two
> to reach a destination (not power walking in circles for fitness)?
> Europeans do it quite regularly.
>
> All this involves passenger transport. Don't even get me started on
> freight....
>
> The bitter harvest of our irrational transportation choices is the F
> Series PRV nestled in the back of DeLoreans.
>
> At least we're not wasting as much gas as we could when we zip to
the
> store for that forgotten loaf of bread.
>
> Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings: