[DML] Re: Bolt On Performance.

The fuel system on the Delorean was years ahead of it's contemporaries
with the Bosch fuel injection when most other cars HAD carburators.
The ignition system was also advanced for the time. I agree in the
intervening years improvements have been made. My question still is
can anyone show me data that these "performance" parts actually
improve performance? If a vendor is offering these parts claiming
improvement he should at least be able to back up his claims with some
kind of testing and not subjective opinions. I understand not everyone
has a dyno in their garage. But you CAN rent time on them. One of the
reasons performance parts cost more than "ordinary" parts. I am not
trying to "knock" performance parts or any specific vendor. Just back
up your claims with some real #'s, not how much more voltage a coil
can shoot out but verifiable, duplicatable testing. Until then all you
have is opinions and guesses. You can object to my insisting on this
and changing the subject but in the end the #'s matter, not my opinion.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Wasn't carburetion good enough for 20 years?
>
> If you'd like to outfit your DeLorean for that level of technology,
> I'll be more than glad to help.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@> wrote:
> >
> > I am not shooting any arrows at you but the stock OEM parts were
> > plenty good enough for 20 years and they got the car certified by the
> > EPA.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: