Re: [DML] Bolt On Performance.

I am not shooting any arrows at you but the stock OEM parts were
plenty good enough for 20 years and they got the car certified by the
EPA. I will concede that there could be some performance gains
achieved by upgrading and using newer parts. My point is I would want
to see what gains are with #'s, not subjective opinions. New parts are
always going to be better than old, worn out parts, stock or performance.
As a vendor you have to pander to the customer. If the customer wants
blue wires he gets blue wires. If the customer will pay for and demand
a "performance" coil, the vendors will see that he gets it! I have no
problem with that but in my case if I am shelling out extra money for
"performance" I want to know what I am getting. As for Mark, it is
difficult to convey his dry sarcasim in writing. I know after I change
the oil in my car it sounds and runs better too! Maybe better than
when I wash it!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> Marc,
> I understand, I guess where I'm coming from is like I said earlier,
100's +
> kits sold and no complaint's even on my car, that why I introduced a
hotter
> ignitions wires, plugs & coil and took heat from Houston it wasn't need.
> Interesting, how Houston has now joined my club with me on having better
> ignition system parts over stock.
> They also have woken up to better performance where as a few years
ago it
> was taboo by them. They wanted everyone to keep buying the old parts
till
> they ran out. Don't most of you people see what they do / did to
sell old
> parts.
> Pioneers get the arrows and I'm full of them.
> John Hervey

[Long quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional