[DML] Re: LEAKING DOOR SEALS

Take the seal off 3 or 4 inches on either side of the point you
suspect the leak and pour some water in the track. Start the silicone
about 3or 4 inches ahead of where the water would run under the seal
and 3 or 4 inches past that point - put the seal back on while the
sicilone is not dry. Anywhere from that bend at the windshield down
past the light switches is the area that water seems to find a path
inside - because of the angle of the body and seal attachment.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@...>
wrote:

> Leaking door seals on each outer corner closest to the wind shied
on each door.  I've installed new door seals on the car, actually
this is my second pair, the first pair did the same thing so I think
the problem is with the car, Would some black silicone solve the
problem or is the issue deeper than that.  The track where the seal
attaches seems pretty clean, no holes in the GRP, of coarse, the
water is actually seeping under the seal, again on both doors at the
same spot????

>   I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this problem seems like a
poor design in that area.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: