[DML] Re: LEAKING DOOR SEALS

Last time I checked there were 3 different door seals being sold by
the vendors. The main difference was the height. You might need to
get a slightly higher (taller) door seal or a minor adjustment of
the anchor pins may help. Replacing the outer door seals may also
help (if they are missing or torn) by allowing less water into the
gully between the door seals. Some water is supposed to get into
there but it should not get past the inner seals. If too much does
then the inner seals can leak. As for "shaving" aka grinding, that
is done to the forward, upper edge to try to "tip" the inner seal so
it doesn't rub on the door as it closes. If it rubs too hard it
eventually tears up the seal. There is also a procedure for fixing
water leaks on the body. You may have a spot that is leaking, not
the door seal.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:

> I vaguely recall having read somewhere about leaks caused by the
> seal's not sitting perfectly. It was said to shave off some of the
> rail it fits on to make it sink deeper and so better touch the
door.
> I'm not sure it was on this forum or on DMCTalk.
>
> Welmoed.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Leaking door seals on each outer corner closest to the wind
shied
> on each door.  I've installed new door seals on the car, actually
> this is my second pair, the first pair did the same thing so I
think
> the problem is with the car, Would some black silicone solve the
> problem or is the issue deeper than that.  The track where the
seal
> attaches seems pretty clean, no holes in the GRP, of coarse, the
> water is actually seeping under the seal, again on both doors at
the
> same spot????
> >
> >   I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this problem seems like
> poor design in that area.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: