[DML] Re: Bolt On Performance.

Nice logic Marc -- confuse the situation by introducing a totally
unrelated coincidence.

My next door neighbor (the one with cholesterol and weight problems)
suffered a heart attack while cutting his grass. Apparently cutting
the grass is dangerous to one's health. I don't want a heart attack,
so I'm letting my grass grow.

See the flawed similarity?

To the best of my knowledge no one has ever claimed that washing a car
improves its performance (lower wind resistance?). If yours does
perform better clean, MSD, Pertronix, et al couldn't care less. They
never made any such claim. Your coincidence probably wouldn't even
interest them.

BTW: All Bosch coils are silver now. The only blue housings are
made-in-Mexico knock offs. Volvo newsgroups are full of warnings
against them. You can get a shiny low voltage coil and rid yourself of
MSD pretentions.

I *DID* spend the extra $20 for John's MSD cables. Am thrilled to
death with them. I was already familiar with those wires from my Ford
applications (Jeg's). John is the only vendor to offer them for PRV's.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:
>
> My car runs better right after I wash it too..
>
> Dave, Mike, and I have been making the same point.
> That is, these "performance" parts *MAY* not be giving
> the numbers that companies like MSD, Pertronics, Bosch
> and other claim.   Clearly, they are trying to sell
> their product.
>
> Bill is correct when he says we are making a bigger
> deal about this than it needs to be, but is incorrect
> in making it sound like those of us questioning bolt
> on performance (and, this is not DeLorean specific)
> are saying these items are bad.
>
> I run an aftermarket "high power" coil in 1860, I
> think it is the MSD brand.  I bought it because the
> chrome looks cool, and I wanted to replace the tired
> old coil anyway.  Does it make the car run better?  I
> don't know, I did not do a before and after test on a
> impartial piece of equipment.
>
> John sells some very nice products, and if the 8.5
> wires are cheaper than the 8's, why not go for the
> "better" ones?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: