[DML] Florida Delorean Festival - BIG Update

[DML] Florida Delorean Festival - BIG Update

Just wanted to let y'all know that there have again been some
important updates for the show, and as always, you can check out all
of the details on our web site at www.deloreancarshow.com/florida  In
addition, for our Florida owners & enthusiasts, I will be out showing
my car this coming weekend, both on Saturday the 20th at the Lake
Mirror Classic in Lakeland, and on Sunday the 21st at the Winter Park
Concours, where I hope to meet some of you as well and talk with you
about our upcoming show.  You can also register directly with me in
person at either show for your Florida Delorean Festival membership
and get the advance discount rate (and save the cost of a stamp too,
LOL.)

With only a bit over two weeks to go before the show, those of you
who are thinking of going must REALLY get your membership
registrations in RIGHT AWAY!  Our hotel is almost full, so if you are
coming in from out of town, you'll need to make that hotel
reservation immediately, or else be forced to stay elsewhere and
probably pay more to do it too.  The hotel info and a link to their
own web site is, of course, available on our web site at
www.deloreancarshow.com/florida

There's news on the celebrity guest front as well, as we are pleased
to let you know that actor Jeffrey Weissman, "George McFly" in
the "Back To The Future" sequels, will be joining us at the show.
Jeffrey is a fun & dynamic entertainer and an all-around great guy,
as those of you who have met him at DCS will already know, and those
of you who haven't yet will find out.  He plans to be with us
throughout the weekend, so don't miss your opportunity to meet & get
to know him with us (and if you're going on the Sunday driving tour
with an empty passenger seat, you might just get to take him along
for the ride...)  If you've been waiting to hear who the BTTF guest
would be before registering to come join us, then now's the time to
make that move and register.

We were also keeping some of you in suspense over who our mysterious
invited guest speaker for the awards dinner was going to be, and now
that story can be told.  As you may already be aware of, we have been
working for some time now on trying to confirm a really special guest
from John Delorean's past to join us as our keynote speaker for the
awards dinner, and I'm sorry to have to say that although we, and he,
gave it our best efforts, in the end he has simply been unable to get
out of a standing work commitment and will not be able to join us
after all.  To clear up the mystery, the gentleman was none other
than world renowned "lawyer to the stars" Howard Weitzman, who made
headlines back in the 1980's as the lawyer who took on John
Delorean's famous drug trafficking case.  In what has been called the
first major court case to have been tried in the spotlight of the
modern "media circus", he cut the government's allegations to ribbons
and brought home a victory for John Delorean with full acquittals on
all charges.  His carreer has flourished ever since, and he remains a
good friend of the Delorean family to this day.  Although Howard will
not be with us at this show, he has asked to be invited back again if
we do another event, and with more advance notice would most likely
be able to make it.  So, let's do our best to take Howard up on his
offer and help to ensure that there is ANOTHER Florida Delorean
Festival in the future, by coming out to support this FIRST one NOW!

So, with barely over two weeks until the show, we are without a
keynote speaker for the awards dinner - or are we?...  Our friend Ken
Koncelik, the founder & head of the long-running DCS, the world's
largest Delorean car shows, has reminded me on several occasions that
we already have among us many Delorean owners & enthusiasts with some
often amazing stories to tell about their cars and their personal
experiences in the Delorean community, and that they should be
recognized and brought to the forefront.  In recognition of that
spirit, we will be opening the mike to a number of our very own, to
tell us their own unique tales of the very unique car that we all
love.  If YOU have something special that you'd like to add about
YOUR experiences, we'd like to include YOU too, so please do contact
us about it NOW and we'll try to make room for you to speak as well,
almost like an "open mike night", (but please, no karaoke, LOL)  It
should make for a very interesting evening and we're sure you'll all
enjoy it.  I'm also looking into another possible surprise guest, but
I won't be sure about it until literally the last minute, so no
promises there, just wait and see what happens...

As I've said from the outset, this show is for everyone, and all are
welcome to come out and participate.  While the Florida Chapter of
the Delorean Owners Association has come aboard as an official
sponsor, you of course need not be a member of the DOA to come to the
show.  We expect the local Delorean Club of Florida to be well
represented at the show too, as well as those with no club
connections at all.  We seem to have a bit of rivalry going on here
in Florida between the DOA and the DCF, and the best way to show your
support for either or both is to come out to the shows with your cars
and enjoy yourselves, regardless of any club affiliation.  Failing
that, you can always put on your respective club shirts and shout at
each other, LOL.

To quote our friend Ken Koncelik:

"Remember its important to support any and all Delorean functions as
this is a way to show how strong our community is.  Over the past few
years the number of events attended by DeLorean owners has greatly
increased.  I am also looking at areas for future shows and I usually
put them in areas that show the greatest support or centrally located
around a number of  groups.  Florida is one of the locations we are
looking at and the work Dan and Ken (Baker) are doing will help set
the tone for when we will be able to do a show in the Florida area.
Dan and Ken (Baker) are finding out how interesting it can be to put
on events so your support is greatly appreciated.  If we all support
each other we will continue to grow.  So for Dan and his event if you
plan to go and have not signed up now is the time.
Thanks, Ken (Koncelik)"

I know that all of my fellow Florida owners & enthusiasts (and, I
suspect, more than a few from surrounding states as well) would love
to see Ken bring a future DCS show here to Florida, and if that is
EVER going to happen, then we need to pull together and show him that
the interest, and the volunteer spirit, are alive and well here in
Florida, by coming out next month to support our FIRST big Delorean
show.  So get your car ready, make your membership reservation for
the show, and come join us in Fort Lauderdale the weekend of 2 - 4
November.  And don't forget to tell your friends and pass on the
info, either by giving them our web site address at
www.deloreancarshow.com and/or by downloading and forwarding them the
printable PDF format flyer available on our web site that can also be
printed out to distribute at local car shows and cruise nights.

See y'all soon in Fort Lauderdale! - Dan Harris

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)