[DML] Best Part Of DeLorean Ownership

While just composing an eMail to a new owner I reminded myself of a
point that is too easily forgotten in technocentric forums such as this:

DeLoreans are wonderful little cars (flawed, yet wonderful)

-BUT-

The best part of DeLorean ownership is not the car. It is the people
you meet via the car. How many owners spend hours & hours primping and
preening their cars for meets or shows, then promptly ignore them once
they get together in lieu of food & fellowship? An owner will never
have as many friends as when his car won't start (a non-owner friend
of mine marvels at the myriad of tools and parts that magically
appear, seemingly from nowhere (the cars ARE space challenged), within
seconds of an unsuccessful key turn). Hopefully none of us are ax
murderers because owners have a bad habit of throwing their front and
garage doors open to one another sight unseen.

Never forget that all of us are one telephone pole away from whatever
the VARI equivalent of scrap metal is. The good news is odds are very
high we'll walk away from the experience. The better news is we're
guaranteed to keep friendships and associations that transcend the
vehicle itself.

And #5939 still isn't for sale....

Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings: