[DML] Re: spark plugs/brake fluid 3 vs. 4

[DML] Re: spark plugs/brake fluid 3 vs. 4

If you have a stock engine (excludes turbos and other mods that would
change internal characteristics except exhaust - that probably
doesn't change much), the only "choice" I can think of in spark plugs
is the brand. Which ever plug you pick it should cross reference with
the OEM Bosch HR6DS. Anything else, in my opinion, is asking for
trouble. The "S" refers to a silver based tip, "P" is platinum,
and "C" is copper. I have had good luck with either Silver or
Platinum - Silver is my personal preference.

My last tune-up I went for DMCH's NOLOGY kit. It has silver plugs
similar to the OEM but the wires and amp are supposed to kick up the
spark punch, etc. The real benefit I noticed with the NOLOGY is more
punch at the 4-6,000 rpm range. My car is an auto and the quicker
high-end revs make it more fun to drive.

The "6" plug is a good mid range operating temp plug - you should not
stray from that unless you are into serious mods, etc. and/or know
what to look for in changing the plug operating temp range.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "T. Madsen" <fishheadlouie@...> wrote:

> Help fellow De Lorean owners.
>
>   I am having trouble choosing spark plugs.  I got 32 of them off
ebay the other week advertised for the De Lorean, but sure if they
will work.  They are NOS AC R42LTS made by  AC Rochester Division
General Motors Corportation, Flint Michigan 48556.

>   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%
3AIT&viewitem=&item=230176053855&rd=1

>   My original manual suggests using Bosch Platnium tipped HR6 DS
(Platnium tipped) plugs.

>   Walmart sells a variety of Bosch 4301/4304, etc. and Autolite
plugs AP w/ various #s using Platnium.

>   At what intervals should i replace the plugs, once i find the
kind to use.

>   Also, manual calls for DOT 4 brake fluid; will DOT 3 work--label
says it will work on disc brakes systems.

>   any suggestions on type to use plugs/fluid?
>
>   many thanks
>
> Tony #5470

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional