Re: [DML] Antenna question

Sounds like your ribbon gear is either broken or worn
really badly.  The ribbon gear is a long piece of
plastic, about three feet long, the width of half a
Popsicle stick with gear teeth all along it.  It is
curled inside the lower round portion of the antenna
and pushes the mast up and pulls it down.

I had luck with buying just the plastic ribbon gear
and installing it on my wife's S-70.  I bought it on
Ebay and the instructions for it were pretty good.  On
Josh's car, I just replaced the whole antenna because
it was so old and worn out.  If  you are interested,
contact me off list and I'll get the Ebay site for
you.

Mike   TPS   1630

--- aod80@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a relatively new DeLorean owner, and I love it.
>  I am somewhat technically inclined and can do most
> work myself on my car with proper instructions.  I
> have an '82 model, and my antenna has been working
> fine until recently, and it doesn't retract after I
> turn the car or the radio off.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: