Re: [DML] Re: Dashboard replacement

Personally, I think they are way over-priced. Wouldn't it be just as well
to cover the dash with some black or gray upholstery fabric? I don't think
the fabric would be thick enough to interefere with the way the glove box
lid closes. But if it were, I would just make a new glove box lid.

As for the binnacle, I would cover it with upholstery too. Just put double
stitch seams on all the corners to make it match how the console is sewed
together. If I had the time, I would sell kits already sewn together. You
would just have to stretch it over your cracked binnacle and glue the edges.

The only investment would be a couple dollars for a yard or so of fabric and
the time it takes to sew it together. (of course, you would have to have
the right kind of sewing machine on hand. Unfortunately, I have one of
those that has been sitting in my kitchen for the last year.)

Yeah, I'm weird!
Walt Tampa, FL